CatInOrlando
(Registered User)
Mon Sep 27 2004 11:52 PM
Re: Who is still unaccounted for?

I know that I am nowhere near a "regular" yet, still wanted to check in and say thanks to all of you though. I am in Orlando about 1 mile from SeaWorld...we heard winds almost all day Sunday, the worst was in the early morning 7-8ish...the wind shoook the house and rattled the windows for long periods of time. But even with all the sound and fury, we escaped with no damage, and no power outage from Jeanne. Cable is down (since 10something am Sunday), so no internet at home....and work has been crazy mad today, just getting to a point now where I could catch up on posts and send a shout out.

My heart goes out to all of those dealing with much worse experiences than ours.

And people really REALLY dont know how to 4way stop at light out intersections! Almost got ran over, and I am an exceptionally careful driver.

The friends from the mobile home that stayed here with us are heading home today to check how they did. And the student is staying with us until tomorrow morning. So all our little ducks are safe and sound. Wishing the best to everyone else, I will check back in periodically as I get a chance at work. Last time the cable at home was out for almost a week.

Thanks for being here, thanks for listening. I am constantly learning so much here!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center