Chesapeake Phil
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Sep 28 2004 09:42 PM
Jeanne Drags On

After I last posted it rained harder here than it had all day and the wind picked up. Hadn't realized I left the bathroom window fully open - discovered I ended up with a little swimming pool in there. Even up on this bluff, our road looked about as water-covered as I'd ever seen it. I imagine the low-lying areas in my county and Cecil County to the north aren't pretty right now. Lots of farms around here, but most of the main crops have been harvested by now, so luckily they won't be swimming in standing water.

Things seemed to have slowed a bit - still a steady rain, but not downpouring at the rate it was before. Wind has changed direction for the most part and calmed quite a bit as well.

My heart goes out to all those further south who dealt with this when it was much, much stronger.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center