Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 29 2004 01:51 AM
Re: Jeanne won't quit

Quote:

Yep...I was just outside taking a smoke break and it really started comin' down with some decent gusts...further south of me is really taking it on the chin with severe weather and heavy rains. Jeanne, jeanne, just go away!

Bastardi has even opined she may have to be UPGRADED!

2004 - The Season from hell just keeps giving and giving.

Upgraded to what?

I kinda thought you'd see a bit of rain, but just 'blustery' winds. It isn't a TS is it?

Anyhow, got power back today, moving my stuff back from my evac location. This will take a half dozen more trips but my boss needs his garage back <grin>.

One side effect of the moving....I tossed the one and only belt that fits me into *something* just before I tossed the last load into the car for the move to my shelter. Damm if I could find my belt today as I got ready to dress so I could go teach my students. I found a piece of extension cord and was going to wear that to class, when I finally found the location....somehow, the belt ended up in the CAT LITTER container...the fresh stuff, but I use the empty cat litter pails for storing things I want to be protected, leakproof, etc., and they are plentiful around my house. I figure that I must have opened the lid of the *real* cat litter container without looking, thinking it the one I was using for my 'need-em-a-hurry' personal effects and dropped iin my belt. Can you see me standing in front of my computer class trying to teach a class of computer wanna-be geeks, trying to explain why I was using an extension cord to hold my pants up???

My students see me as a non-conformist already, They'd probably believe me no matter what I told them, EXCEPT that I lost my belt in a cat-litter box.

Phil, I hope you are more organized than I am and that you will not be inconveniencec too badly by Jeanne. Good luck!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center