Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 29 2004 04:30 PM
Re: Jeanne won't quit

Quote:

Here in DeLand Florida I did remarkably well. As a teacher we have lost 14 days total to these storms. I feel for polk county and for the schools near port charlotte. sounds like they wont even be open before christmas. I wonder if they are paying their teachers even though they are not there? I guess they have too. It felt weird not teaching for a week at a time and getting paid. I didnt even lose power with Jeanne and we only lost one day of school. So to all my fellow educators i feel your pain and wish you the best.

-Troy

I have the unique advantage of being retired from my former job and can get by without an income if I have to. But, no, my school does not pay when I am not teaching. We get paid for the hours we teach, not for the hours on campus. I don't mind though, I am there because I like to teach, have skills the 'kids' need and put up with the administrative BS (up to a point) so I can be there for my students.

I also feel for those that were hit hardest. I feel for the kids mostly because many, maybe even most do not realize how important being in school and getting an educated will benefit them later in life.

Take care!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center