danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Fri Oct 01 2004 04:30 AM
Re: 8PM Tropical Discussion/ Update

That may have been the same loop I saw last night after the update. The loop last night, took it into the GOM and then toward the Big Bend area. If I remember correctly, it didn't give it much of a drop from Sea level. Tropical wave or depression SLPs and winds.
The link I posted above is updating. At the current time 0418Z, it only goes out for a few days. When finished it should go out to 10 days or better.
The Canadian Model on the tcgen link did well for Ivan and Jeanne. Some of the others may have too, but I remember the Canadian as being closet to the landfall area and time.
You may have other links that you prefer. These are just a few of mine. Other than the above mentioned Low S of Haiti/ Dom Rep. I don't see anything eyecatching.
As Phil said earlier,"This bears watching (uh oh...bear watch!), but any development would be slow to occur, but there is a mid/ upper level low present."

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center