GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sun Oct 03 2004 11:45 AM
Re: From the NWS in Houston/Galveston

I have been keeping up with earthquake activity since I discoverd the site previously mentioned, about one year ago. In that time I noticed a flurry of earthquake activity that was almost constant back in the spring.
I hypothetize that the flurry of earthquake activity incidentally on the opposite side of the planet, contributed to the hurricane activity seen in the atlantic this year.
The earthquakes shake the atmosphere, and influence the strength, size, intensity of the hurricanes much as shaking a jar of water with a lid on it would. You might even compare it to shaking a jar of selzer water. The long range effects would be monumental! So in keeping with my theory: Winter could be very stormy for those effected because of this recent flurry of earthquake activity and where this occurs would be interesting to study. Please realize that I have not studied meterology and this is stuff off the top of my pointed little head. May not have any semblance of truth to it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center