Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Oct 08 2004 09:14 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Matthew Forms in Western Gulf of Mexico

>>I know Ed doesn't like NHC bashing, but THEY TOTALLY DROPPED THE BALL ON THIS ONE!

Bastardi had been pretty irritated about it too (as I'm sure you read). There is a split between a developing baroclinic low in the NW Gulf and the LLC of Matthew witch es meving easthward (sic - old joke) which will probably turn up into the Panhandle. Bastardi thinks it moves toward the Big Bend and emerges on the other side Wed. and possibly runs the coast ala Hazel 1954. Ain't much happening here except for a couple inches of rain, but I've got the beer iced up for tonight and plan on hanging out on my carport all night drinking. Good luck to all and may the severity be limited in your general area.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center