Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 09 2004 05:32 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Matthew Forms in Western Gulf of Mexico

Having a fun tropical night myself. Beers are being chugged and cigs are being smoked. The bulk of the worst weather tonight has been in Terrebonne Parish where, in some parts, they're on a 2-day total of 10"+. There was a several hour training band from the Gulf just west of Houma, and that's now pulled slightly east.

Ed,

As Joe B said at 11, if it tracks far enough south, it will remain in the entrance region into the jet (Quad 1). That's different from shear. Should that be the case, Matthew has a chance to go higher than 50 IMHO.

Landfall will be east of me, but I'm just hoping for another tropical day or so if possible.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center