Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Mon Oct 11 2004 07:44 PM
Re: New Invest

Looks like there's a LLC if I'm not mistaken, I guess they feel it's going to move into a more favorable enviorment as that strong negatively tilted trough comes down. Imagine two sub-tropical storms in a row, that's a rarity.

Edit: Yep the NHC confirmed it, put it on their tropical outlook. Though it is pretty hard to tell when you don't have a visible satellite imagery available but for those who want to learn. There seems to be sufficent low level clouds from the last imagery I saw and higher clouds are obscuring the low level clouds, the eastern portion seems of the storm seems more like an ULL because the convection seems enhanced and the IR clouds are moving in unison with the visible clouds. I would wait just a bit longer to classify it if I were them, maybe once it accquired some subtropical characteristics.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center