Ricreig
(User)
Fri Dec 03 2004 04:57 PM
Re: New Graphics

Quote:

Thanks for the PM and kind words Richard. I'm still experimenting with the NHC suggestion idea. I didn't realize you had ALL those credentials. Well they are in a great place. With you.

Well, you have to do *something* if you are going to live as long as I have

Don't be a stranger here. I plan on checking in here every so often. Someone said that this board is mostly about tropical weather, but, weather is weather regardless if it starts in the Azores or in the Yucon, when it gets here, causes wind, water, lightning or abnormal temps, I'm still interested. Besides, I'll get to see some of the new changes I'm sure Ed and the gang are working on.

Regardless of your recommendations to the NHC regarding their graphics, don't let it slip, and your comments regarding how they decide what, and how much course changes are depicted, is right on. This "well the storm is now moving south at 25 miles per hour, and our current forecast shows north at 50, but we'll just show it as EAST, drifting because we don't want to change the forecast too rapidly" mentality is, I agree, in need of some thought by the NHC.

Take care all, check in frequently even if just to say Hi...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center