HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Dec 26 2004 04:56 AM
Re: Merry Christmas To All!

sho' nuff. sleet started falling here around a quarter past nine.. a few snowflakes starting to mix in. looks like the thicknesses are just low enough so that this isn't a borrrrring cold rain event. the low level air is very dry, but all the evaporation is depressing the temperature (there is cold air damming helping out as well). came back to the house around eleven, with plenty of sleet still spic-spacking off the windshield.. the roads aren't icing yet at least. that should change over the next couple of hours.. temp drops about 2 degrees every three hours or so. don't think i'm going to church tomorrow.. if any of the kids show up they'll be getting an improvised sunday school lesson from another source.
FYI all, decent low level vortex in the central atlantic with intermittent convection, but it won't ever make the cut. there may be a secondary, but it's still all wishful thinking. at least i'm getting my much-desired winter weather (be it sleet or snow.. had my freezing rain quota for the next decade back in january).
HF 0442z26december (happy something-th birthday to ed, moderator-in-chief)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center