Kevin
(Weather Master)
Sun Feb 20 2005 05:13 AM
Hello to all

So, it has been a couple of months since I've posted. We're now several months removed from the 2004 hurricane season, aka the ride from hell. I just decided to check in here and see how everyone is doing.

For all of you that were impacted by last season's hurricanes, I hope that your recovery efforts are going well. Especially those of you who suffered major property damage.

Obviously the 2005 season is starting to come to mind...March isn't too far, and that's when we start to see more predictions/forecasts pop up. I certainly believe that there is an excellent chance that this season will be above average as far as the level of activity goes. Still, landfalls are the more important issue. Although I don't expect this season to be anywhere near last year in terms of the number of severe landfalls, I believe Florida (and the rest of the coast) could once again see significant hurricane activity. My reasoning for this is based on something that I have noticed when looking at past hurricane seasons. Basically, these years where we have 6 or 7 US landfalls tend to come in cycles. It seems like they are usually 2 years in length, maybe 3 at the most. At any rate, any person who lives in a hurricane prone area should be prepared. This is a lesson that the 2004 season surely taught all of us living in areas that are affected by hurricanes.

That's all I have to say for now...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center