Rob_M
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Apr 16 2005 05:27 PM
Not too much longer

Hey all...long time no see. Don't believe I've posted here since Aug last season, (got real busy when school started and just sort of took a break from posting for a while). I hope everyone here has enjoyed their offseason because the good old days of staying up late and watching every blob in the Atl are fast approaching. This gale off the NC coast has lost the little chance it had to ever become a STS, but it is/was an interesting feature...a sign of things to come? Maybe, maybe not.

Our website has recently been recontstructed a bit, more up-to-date info. And for those wondering, Jason and I will be releasing our annual seasonal forecast on May 25 as always. Been working on a lot of stats and research the past several months, in addition to closely monitoring ENSO. We've also added some new methods to account for the few missed aspects of last season (the FL barrage for instance).

And man, I've been hearing all sorts of rumors and claims about this year, ranging from a beastly FL-targeted repeat of last year...to a calmer, El Nino-hindered season. Perhaps...

Y'all take care.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center