Lysis
(User)
Tue May 10 2005 07:40 PM
Re: Carribean this week

Not as if anything I have to say bears credence, I would like to physically reinforce the notion that temps are a bit cooler in and around the gulf coast ---and the sharks know it. As told by our boats onboard instruments the waters are only now peaking at about 77 degrees daily. Of course every day it is getting warmer. Just last month it was barely making it over 70. As an effect, the sharks have not moved into the harbor as early as usual. The waters are actually bountiful at this time, as the canes churned up all the mud which somehow leads to an increase in fish population (don't ask me how). I can surly attest the fish are definitely bigger and there are more of them this spring. The 40 inch snook we caught last night is proof of this .

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center