Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Tue May 17 2005 06:46 PM
Re: Carib stuff

i just looked at a topograpy map
high mountains in Central America
i still think that it could hit as a tropical storm and regenerate as a TS again in the Caribbean, because in 1998 Mitch hit as a barely Cat I and moved VERY slowly over the mountains for 5 days, and still managed to regenerate as a tropcial storm
this is expected to be a tad weaker, but it will be moving much faster

I am making an official forecast on this:
Landfall 75-80 mph intensity, and about 24 hours after getting into the Caribbean, it will probably strengthen to a TS, probably a hybrid system as Mitch did in 1998 (look for it to possibly be classified as a subtropical storm there)

as for the easterly flow, the low in the Caribbean we have had there the last few days has probably had some influence of weakening the easterly flow

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center