Keith234
(Storm Chaser)
Wed May 18 2005 07:31 PM
Re: Tropical Storm Adrian

Quote:

Amazing. I'm afraid the flooding from Adrian is going to be devastating to this region. I hope they are able to get the warnings and message out to the public in order to protect them from what is sure to be massive rainfall, mudslides and flooding. Starting the season off with loss of life in May is not a good sign of what is yet to come this Hurricane season.

Thanks for the link.

I believe we had a devastating May storm last year too...

Anyway, the CDO is become much more ragged, and an eye is developing. A dry air intrusion from the northwest stunted some development; it was probably due to the excellent outflow boundary just east of the dry air intrusion. Nonetheless the feature is maturing both on the surface and in the upper atmosphere. Also to note, this picture shows two cloud depressions in the CDO.

https://metoc.npmoc.navy.mil/sat/epac_trop/vis/epac_trop_vs.jpg

I expect some temporary weakening for the next 6 hours, and then intensity will increase to a strong CAT 1, and landfall on the el salavador coast...Hopefully this one won't stall over the moutains...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center