Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Sun May 22 2005 12:00 AM
Re: whats near

Quote:

No storm out there is the next "perfect storm." That storm coincided with the merger of an extratropical low and a tropical cyclone into a single, extratropical cyclone that later briefly gained a warm-core structure. There's not a whole lot to separate it from a lot of other things that happen out there, or have happened out there, except for the notoriety.

The system at 30N/40W is an extratropical feature. These happen all of the time through the winter and spring months.

I was pondering mentioning the item located 30N/40W a few hours ago, because the models are calling a shallow warm core feature, but looking at the upper level winds headed it's way, it has absolutely no chance of developing (not to mention, the water temp is around 20 deg C.) So I figured there wouldn't be a point in mentioning something that looks cool but is a sitting duck

But now, I will mention it, and I'm sure Clark doesn't need my validation, but yeah, it's got no chance.

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center