Terra
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jun 10 2005 07:28 PM
Re: Taking a moment...

Quote:

The bouy nearest the storm had a very significant pressure drop in the past hour and is reporting an east wind. It appears Arlene may be moving more NNW to NW in the last hour and is now around 85.5 per bouy report and sat pics.

I, too, love the bouys and have been watching this guy all day... I wanted to add to your post by putting the links to the pressure plot for this particular bouy as it is totally interesting!

Current pressure is 29.56 in Hg = 1001 mb... Still not the lowest, but getting there...

Anyone know of any sat plots that show where these silly bouys are located? I drew them on a tracking map, but, it would be nice to see them with the sat images to get a better feel for how they relate to the storm center.

Pressure:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=42003&meas=pres&uom=E

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center