Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Jul 05 2005 07:17 PM
Re: Dennis the menace seems to be.....

Looking at Dennis: it doesn't appear to be GREATLY organized but you can see that it's trying to get it's act together. If/when he slows down, he will have a chance to get better organized. Since the storm is not even near the US mainland yet, there is a lot of uncertainty of just exactly where he will go. UNfortunately, we know that once he enters the GOM he has to go SOMEWHERE. Where that is all depends on a lot of unknowns at this time.
I will tell you one thing I do know for certain: Dennis a going to be a gigantic storm and no matter where he ends up, there's going to be a lot of nasty weather on his way there and afterwards. It almost reminds me of Hurricane Georges ...that storm was large and about 100 miles off the coast of Florida, but let me tell you: that was one of the scariest storms I've been through.
As for Cindy...she has a lot of rain with her...I just hope she doesn't slow down and take her time getting inland...giving her time to strengthen...and then causing the devastating flooding as it moves it's way through the eastern half of the US.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center