dem05
(User)
Wed Jul 06 2005 01:02 AM
Re: Dennis

Quote:

well i just watched a video from our local news channel 10 tampa bay...and he is saying that it is going to where cindy is right now.....here is the link to the video

http://tampabay10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=15664

any thoughts on this???

I can't tell you how unfortunate I feel to see a TV meteorologist do this. This is the exact kind of presentation that misleads people. Show the cone of error, then basically discredit it. This is where the choice is made to decide if you will be the realistic forecaster that emphasizes the uncertainty, or roll the Vegas Dice and luck out to be the most accurate forecaster in town. This is a grat way to mislead the public and boost complacancy.
Okay, I'm preeching, sorry. You guys understand the forecast uncertainties this far out and the changes that occur in the models. Just thinking of the others that trust the statements of guys like this, but don't know enough about the posibilities. Frankly, a shot is being called way too early and subject to change and I think it is more harmful than helpful.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center