scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 07 2005 06:40 PM
Re: Dennis and Cuba

I will make this very brief as I still not 100% sure where this will end up. Clark and ED gave a near perfect explanation and I cant agree more.
To make a prediction right now I say Dennis will move with the GFDL,GFS, and Canadian Models thru central Cuba to just west of the Keys. The move NNW anywhere from along the west coast of Florida to 100 miles offshore. The ridge now has moved over the Bahamas and is squeezed in a NNW-SSE direction moving Dennis NNW on Saturday. Landfall could be in Western Florida but most likely just south of Tallahassee. The Ukmet isnt out of the question also if it wants to keep Dennis along the south shore of Cuba due to land interaction. If so a Panama City-Mobile landfall will take place.
Right now I want to see the 00z model runs and see if and where he does want to enter Cuba. The next 12-24 hours is the future path of him.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center