Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Jul 07 2005 08:33 PM
Re: Fox news

I saw Joe B. on Fox News Channel and this is what HE said he thinks will happen:

That Dennis will continue moving in a WNW (?) motion, skirting the entire coastline of Cuba and entering in the central part of the Gulf of Mexico and head towards N.O. He also said that "Remember with Ivan last year? Everyone saw a NW motion and screamed "MIAMI" but it ended up in Mobile."

Only problem with that scenario is that Ivan passed on the WESTERN side of Jamaica and just barely missed hitting the WESTERN tip of Cuba.

Does anyone here believe there is any credence to JB's scenario? I mean, Dennis would have to make a SHARP left hand turn to completely miss Cuba at this point. I suppose it's possible, but it does not seem likely. But, I could be wrong.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center