turkeyman
(Registered User)
Thu Jul 07 2005 05:41 PM
Re: Hurricane Watches up For Keys, Tropical Storm Watch For Southern Florida Dennis

Hi there everyone. Been just reading and not posting this season. Been a storm tracker since Hurricane Betsy in '65 and always plot and listen to all the broadcasts I can. We had an old forecaster in New Orleans that used the old Marks-A-Lot and poster paper, years ago, to draw his projections of what a particular storm would do. He had some old adages that stuck in my head over the years that more times than not, prove true. One of them was to avoid forecasts of any storm that is going to enter the Gulf of Mexico.

That place has a mind of its own and right now there are few steering currents that I can see. Some small ones, but sometimes when a storm gets to Cat 4 or 5, they do what they want, anyway. I suppose about Sat morning we'll all be up and taking notice, moreso than now. I do know that there are lines at the gas pumps and Wal Mart looks like the day after Thanksgiving sale. Go figure......

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center