Bev
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jul 07 2005 08:50 PM
Mobile Homes...

Quote:

i am sure this wasnt meant to be rude...but it kinda sounds a little rude....just because some people live in mobile homes "isnt" by choice....i would love to not live in a mobile home but unfortunately im not as fortunate as others who have a strong sturdy house....so im sorry i seem to snap at that but having your head examined, because you have no choice but to live in a mobile home....sorry....

My apologies, no offense meant. I just would not try to ride out any category hurricane in a mobile home, so I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

The fact that mobile homes are still allowed in Florida just boggles my mind. If they weren't allowed, then you would not be forced to live in one. Smaller, less expensive, but well-built homes are a much better and affordable alternative.

Even the brand new, so-called "hurricane-proof" mobile homes were ripped to shreds during Charley. I still have photos I took myself. Even the rambling shacks of old homes fared much better than the spanking new mobile homes. It was heart-rending to see.

Best Regards,
Bev

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center