Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 08 2005 01:13 AM
Re: modles

Yeah, I don't know what Pensacola did to piss off the weather gods, but boy, I sure hope we don't do the same thing in Biloxi... this will be incredible if Pensacola takes another direct hit from a major.... models are pretty tight too, but you can still expect some minor shifts back and forth over the next two days... they might not be much but anything that puts you on the west side of this storm would be a good shift indeed.... a small wobble 100+ miles off the coast could have a dramatic effect on the exact landfall point... and whether or not you are in the dreaded eye wall... Believe me, YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE EYE WALL OF A MAJOR STORM... period... all eyes will be looking really hard south in the gulf this weekend... I'll finish all my preps tomorrow... and not planning to evacuate at this time....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center