Doombot!
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jul 07 2005 11:11 PM
Re: Update:

Quote:

I'm not a mod, but have been hanging out here for a few years, and based on experience I can give you a few pointers.

Register (the mods can't PM you with the rules if you don't).

This is a family board, no obscenities.

Personal attacks are not tolerated.

Bashing official sources (like the NHC) or authorities (such as local EOC) is not tolerated.

This is a privately run board and although I do feel that the mods are very tolerant, you will not be allowed to say whatever you want. And they have ways to block you completely, even as an anon poster, so don't push it.

But that said, this is a great site, and everyone's opinion, as long as it is on topic, is welcomed.

Bill

Also, if you don't check every few seconds, you miss all the crud that gets modded out!

BTW 60 users and 135 guests and the board is humming along. Good work everyone at CFlH!

Not much good info in the 11PM discussion. It's a bunch of "we don't know anything more than 6 hours ago"

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center