Ricreig
(User)
Fri Jul 08 2005 02:51 PM
Re: Dennis Deepens

Quote:

Dennis is a strong Category 4 storm with 150MPH winds, and a unbelievably low barometric pressure of 938 mb... for July.. and the track takes it to the eastern Gulf and eventually toward the Panhandle to New Orleans regions Sunday night and Monday morning.

This radar shows a track that will take the storm to about 24N 84W. The track should miss Key West far enough West of Key West to spare them the brunt of the storm but due to the size, probably will feel some hurricane force winds. On that track also, looking at the map superimposed on the radar display, it would seem to confirm that the rest of South Florida whould not be affected directly, Thankfully. Once it does get to about 85W, the peninsula cand start to breathe easier unless Dennis starts to move NNE which doesn't seem likely at the moment. Trends are friends but my thought is that there are VERY few friends you would trust your life to. So, stay alert. I agree with Mike on this one, Louisiana is NOT out of the running for this booby-prize but with the weakening ridge to the East, I wouldn't bet against a landfall in the panhandle of Florida either. Wherever it goes, someone is going to be hurt, especially if unprepared for a storm of this magnitude. Good luck to all in the path.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center