lilyv
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Jul 08 2005 11:30 AM
Re: Dennis Deepens

Quote:

Actually if the forecast pans out, these people in the panhandle have had ample time to get their preparations in order, not just a day and a half. Unless they have been living with their head in the sand. NHC has had this track for a few days now..

Yes, but I was in P'cola a month ago, and I was truly shocked at the extent of destruction that is still evident. An entire apartment complex near Sacred Heart is abandoned, for example. All over town there are blue tarps on houses, windows still in need of repair, awnings that are half off, businesses that never re-opened, and so on. They can prepare, but more damage piled ontop of the old damage makes this current situation much more dangerous. Add into the equation that the folks are really tired from working so hard to recover from Ivan. The good folks of the panhandle are in my thoughts and prayers.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center