D3m3NT3DVoRT3X
(Weather Watcher)
Fri Jul 08 2005 03:48 PM
Re: Dennis Deepens

Quote:

The most interesting thing in the discussion was the comment about the deepening trough to the west and a couple of the models getting a handle on that: creating a slight deviation to the right in the solution...about 40 miles worth it looks like.

watching the water vapor suggests the jet is clearly now setting up cutting across the northern expense of the peninsula at the Big Bend area...this is the kind of thing which falls into my OOPS factor and if this is in fact deepening...well how many ways can we spell Charley, only this time further up the coast...??/ I am CONCERNED on this point and wish one of our Mets could address it....
Also the satellite presentation is showing an elongation to the NNW which is often an indicator of future direction...
The radar presentation shows steady progress directly toward the site.

i was also notice'n a more nnw trend could be a woble .. who knows .. but i was curious about the jet .. stering the storm .. more towards the west coast of central FL .. any of our Mets have any imput on what doug stated ?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center