recmod
(Weather Guru)
Sat Jul 09 2005 12:18 PM
IR Loops

Looking at the recent IR loops, here is what I am seeing....which is from the eyes of a complete amateur:
I notice that the huge convective plume that extended far east and south of the hurricane's center appears to be cutting off from the main circulation. In layman terms, I believe the hurricane is consolidating it's energy into the main core, which would allow intensification. The interraction with Cuba caused the circulation and associated weather to vastly expand over a much larger area. With these errant feeder bands appearing to "pinch off", this will allow the focus of energy to reassert itself on the main core....does this make any sense whatso-ever...or am I seriously sleep deprived?

Also, the Key West radar is showing a continued steady NW jaunt....no signs of any Northward turn. Also, look at the eyewall convection exploding from the Key West radar's vantage point (although open on the NW side as confirmed by latest vortex data)
Key West Radar Loop

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center