tpratch
(Moderator)
Sat Jul 09 2005 09:40 AM
Re: Indecisive Dennis

The hurricane is in the Gulf. It is about an 8 hour drive to Orlando from NC depending on location/conditions and he will see lighter traffic southbound on I-95 than normal.

I usually enjoy debates, but you're not making any sense. You've stated that the food will be sub-par and you won't get any service. That would be true if and only if we had gone through a major hurricane strike yesterday. We didn't, we haven't and we won't.

Look at the radar - we're on the extreme eastern fringe of what's coming through. The people in areas west are getting it a lot worse than us and even west central FL is unlikely to get worse than tropical storm force conditions.

Now an Orlando Forecast:

Code:
Windy...showers and thundershowers during the morning
will give way to a steadier rain this afternoon...
a rumble of thunder possible. High 87F.
Winds ESE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Or for this evening (also Orlando):
Code:
Windy with occasional rain and a few thundershowers likely.
Low 77F. Winds E at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Rainfall possibly over one inch.

I'm sorry, adogg, but I do not subscribe to your spreading of fear over the little rain and wind we'll get. Instead of wishcasting us nasty weather here on the East coast, try praying for those on the west coast who have been and will continue to get hit by worse weather. Then start praying for the folks between NO and Talahassee who WILL get a major hurricane in their backyard...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center