DMFischer
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Jul 09 2005 04:01 PM
Re: Dennis Back over the Gulf

Good Morning everyone.

Well the season is not taking its time in warming up again this year, so we have many months of storm watching ahead and I am looking forward to learning even more than I did last year.
For those that are new here, you have found a solid source of information from a well informed group of moderators and mets. Trust them, they are cool headed in the face of the storm, and will simply not led you wrong.
Rule of thumb....listen to your local authority on what alerts and such are going on in your neck of the woods.
Stock up on supplies early. Even though I am on the east coast close to Melbourne and not going to see much of Dennis, but for a bit of rain hopefully, I stocked the shelves from last year.
Check any supplies from last year for out dated stuff.
Then let the cooler heads that know far more than we who just watch tell us when to get worried.

Dawn

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center