Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sat Jul 09 2005 08:56 PM
Re: NNW Turn

Okay, pcola. You and I may be hearing different things from different outlets. But the turn is predicted to turn BEFORE making landfall, not as it is.
That being said, wherever it hits will be within the "cone". However, if it starts its turn sooner, then it will make a big difference to those who are EAST of the forecasted path.
I'm not going to beat another dead horse; we have enough dead ones lying on CFHC floor to supply an entire school district with Elmers glue.

NW movement on the 5pm advisory is still there, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
For now...I'm gonna go have a beer and watch the feeder bands come through. I had enough hurricanes last year to last me a lifetime, so there's no wishcasting going on HERE, believe me.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center