lunkerhunter
(Storm Tracker)
Sun Jul 10 2005 04:29 AM
Re: WJHG Streaming Video

Quote:

Quote:

NHC map now shows Alabama landfall.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT04/refresh/AL0405W+gif/024557W_sm.gif

I am so upset about this. The models showed this at 8am this morning, I saw it myself, and the forecast track wasn't changed until now, and MS Gulf Coast did not evacuate as many people in time as could have been convinced to evacuate. When I talked to my brother, who works for the sheriff's dept, this afternoon he said nothing about a mandatory evac order so it sounds like this was not put in place until after the 11pm advisory that changed the landfall to MOB. All the emphasis was first on FL and then today on AL. Thank goodness the eye is predicted to land to the east, even if it is too close for comfort; in a CAT 3 storm surge, about 80% of Jackson Co is under water (storm surge maps, evac maps, and evac routes are all online on the state of MS web site). If the eye lands to the west it would be a horrible horrible situation for everyone in Jackson Co.

the track has been FL/AL border all day. Alabama is just dense if they choose not to evac. people don't listen. focus on the cone, not the line.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center