Multi-Decadal Signal
(Weather Guru)
Sun Jul 10 2005 08:04 AM
Have a computer backup power supply?

Small light bulbs - 7 1/2 watts; with common type screw-in bases can be used after you shut everything else down in an orderly fashion. My APC 1400 backup gives me power for such a small load almost indefinitely. A weather radio from "The Shack" uses only 5W and so do many portable radios. My thoughts and prayers, from the "Gold Coast", go out to all. Even down here, my power was out 2-3 times starting a little before 11PM Friday night(4 hour outage!). FPL is still trimming trees according to usual schedule and didn't expect such an early onset of this tropical season. Who did? If the activity continues at this rate, the predictions of Dr. Gray and his Colorado associates my be more Pollyannaish than Cassandra like. I'm sure that I'll get mine before this dreadful season ends.

As we used to say in Brooklyn; "Wait 'til next year!"

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center