beatlesgal
(Registered User)
Sun Jul 10 2005 05:49 PM
Re: Dennis' Landfall

I have been monitoring this storm for the past six days, and today after watching the storm approach the Pensacola, Navarre Beach area, I actually got physically sick. I really couldn't understand why I had gotten so sick. I know I have said I went through Andrew in Homestead and I remember it being extremely dangerous to the point we thought we were going to die (we were running from room to room because we lost our roof in the first part of the storm so we had to keep running around the house, each room we went into either the ceiling collapsed or something blew through the door, so we had to keep running, until we came to the last bathroom and then finally the garage because the worst part of the storm had yet to come and we need a safe place, so we got in the car in the garage). So, today I went back and looked at the historical evidence regarding the storm today. I never got a chance to back then and hadn't wanted to until today. What I never knew until today, was that the lowest observed surface pressure and area of the highest winds (with sustained winds 165 MPH and gusts over 200 MPH was located at 288st . My address at the time was 11622 sw 281 st. The point was located between 117 and 288 st. Meaning I had experienced some of the highest winds the storm had to offer. I think even to this day I experience post traumatic stress syndrome from this storm. I just thought I would pass this along just in case anyone else out there was experiencing the same thing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center