BillD
(User)
Mon Jul 11 2005 01:57 AM
Re: NRL says Noname 5

I agree with you 100%. I could go on and on about this (and have in past years) but there are only a handul of competent TV weather people, the rest have no common sense and do and say stupid and dangerous things. It is too bad we don't have more like Bryan Norcross, who saved countless lives in Andrew with his non stop litany of how to stay safe when your roof blew off and your windows blew in, as this was actually happening across South Dade all night long. And mets like Jason Kelley, who tells it like it is. But the [many bad words I can't say or my post will be deleted] "reporters" on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and TWC, not to mention the morons at the local stations, shouldn't be allowed to say what they say. They put people's lives in danger, and all to make money for their stations. To me this is something that the FCC should regulate, not whether someone said the S-word in a movie. These morons could cost people their lives because they don't know what they are saying, and are trying to be sensational in how they say it.

I've said too much already....

Update, just to clarify, those that I am complaining about are not mets (with one or two exceptions), they are just reporters or commentators that think they know it all.

Bill

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center