poetdi
(Verified CFHC User)
Mon Jul 11 2005 02:06 PM
Re: How long are we in the upswing?

Quote:

I just can't believe that Dennis makes land fall and we are already looking at another system. I just wish Mother Nature could plan these things around the weekends. I feel like I get stuck inside two days and trust me,...trying to entertain a toddler under such conditions - isn't fun. Of course, knowing my boss, I would still have to work under Hurricane Watches.

At any rate, when are we going to see a decline in storms during a season again?? I heard everything from next year to 10 years to 25 years on the news this weekend and wondering where the truth is or if anyone really knows.....

To anyone and everyone effected by Dennis - Hope you are doing well and look forward to hearing your stories and seeing the pictures. Hopefully this will be the last of the storms you will see this season so you can get back to the recovery and rebuilding.

I agree that after surviving 3 canes in 6 weeks last summer we are really over it - and I didn't even have to entertain a toddler!

Your question about the cycles was addressed by a link in a post on the first page of messages for this thread called The Case Against Florida. I learned a lot from that link - hope it helps!

Diane

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center