GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Mon Jul 11 2005 07:26 PM
Re: Move it to the left.. move it to the right.. down .. south.. up north

Its a hot air thing... Politicians...Media... and I theorize that the Tsunami phenomenon, and whatever caused it also caused a geophysical reaction. But, Even if we get a year like last year and an early start this year, it does not mean that we are going to have a lot of canes come to Florida and land. It may be a lot of fish spinners later on in the season. My reasoning is that if the season determinant has increased its forward speed, the heat will draw off sooner bringing winter sooner. We hypothetically could have a first frost in the end of September rather than the end of November as usual. I do not believe that this year will be any more disasterous than last year unless we feed into the fenzied public and political reactions. Being aware does not mean being afraid. Being prepared does not mean boarding up every time a depression forms. I went to the store and bought perishable items that were on sale to avoid refridgeration losses for the stores. I did very good because the storm did not come our way, but I also had the canned stuff I prefer not to eat. I did not add to my budget this month due to this hurricane because I prepared a little each year. I may be dead wrong, but I believe numbers of systems does not equal numbers of disasters hitting the US coast line nor its territories.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center