ftlaudbob
(Storm Chaser)
Tue Jul 12 2005 04:08 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Emily forms in East Atlantic

All kidding aside,I love where I live,it is soooo pretty.I just know that we have been very lucky here.And most of the people I talk to here say it is just a matter of time,and with a very active year,the odds are against us.NHC did a great job on Dennis,and the track for Emily so far is not great for SE Florida.I have been through Hurricanes before,just not a major one.I have been tracking Hurricanes for about 30 years now,I had to learn something.I really do not want one to affect my area.Seeing Punta Gorda 1 week after Charley hit changed me forever.Most of you in here are great!!It is going to be a crazy year,and I respect your insight.Even those in Florida who did not get hit,were still stressed out by having our homes boarded up for weeks.Good luck to all!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center