ShanaTX
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Jul 12 2005 05:28 AM
Re: Tropical Storm Emily Forms East of Caribbean

Looks to me time to catch our breath and resupply the hurricane kits (Well, for those that actually *have* one.) before we start debating where Emily's gonna wind up - really, we've got a few days to get ourselves all wound up.

Re the article referenced at the end of the last post by the UK guy who said the last major 'cane to hit the US in July was in 1916? I'm thinkin he missed 1926's Hurricane #1 which according to the website I've linked to, hit on July 26 1926 as a Cat 4. At least as far as I can tell from the info provided. Kinda hard for me to read the map, but it looks red till it impacts e coast of FL...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center