Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Jul 12 2005 11:16 PM
Re: Invest 99L and Emily

Quote:

It is incredible and nearly incomprehensible the season that we are currently encountering within our world, this planet. We quite possibly may be part of something that never before has happened. And this will have significant impact both socially, psychologically, and also from an infrastructure perspective. This season will initiate and drive more changes then we can imagine even at this moment. There will be technlogy realized, structures created. The will of mankind will be strengthened, the future of tomorrow's climate will be transformed. Just the initial thought and realization of this is cavernous.

You talking about stronger building codes and things like that? If so, great I suppose it might happen. But we'll never tame the storms. Let's not go too crazy calling this an unprecidented season. A lot of early activity yes, but I've seen many hurricane seasons that were very active. Welcome to the tropics.

I just don't see mankind curing all our planets ills because of one fairly active storm season.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center