HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Jul 13 2005 04:03 AM
analog for emily?

any of y'all remember bret in 1993? based on how emily is acting, that may end up being our analog system. the wnw turn could still happen, but i'm getting less convinced that it will.
back in the east altantic 99L still has it's convective mass near the center. ssts where it is are really marginal, but maybe it's just forcing thunderstorm activity by sheer inertia as it hurtles westward. i think get classification in another 24-48 hrs.. near 40-45w things should start to coalesce for it.
ftlaudbob, from the last thread... i was offering some very active seasons and made it implicit that those records are incomplete.. no satelites or recon, or even thoroughly searched ship logs and local reports of tropical cyclones. notice how you don't see many tropical storms in the east atlantic? lots of storms that stayed at sea escaped record. i'm sure a july like this has happened before. i know of a pre-1851 june that had four systems.. two of them made landfall in south carolina, as a matter of fact. may be part of the work i do here at usc... if funding and such comes through.
HF 0502z13july

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center