danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Wed Jul 13 2005 12:16 AM
Re: Invest 99L and Emily

Well I'm no one. But I did stay at Holiday Inn last night.
Just kidding...stress breaker there!

I looked back at NHC's 5 day track for Dennis.
I was very surprised to find that on Wednesday, July 6th, at 4:30 AM EDT, (that's almost 107 hours of track), NHC posted a track map with Dennis' track to nearly the precise point of landfall.
The only variations in the 'skinny black line' were where Dennis went over Northern Cuba. He was a bit East of the forecast track.
Florida landfall point was well within 50 miles, it appeared.
I seem to recall Londovir posting something to this effect right after Dennis' Landfall.
If they have this much 'luck' with the models for the rest of the season. This year will write many records. Not just with the storms but with NHC's forecast error verification.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center