richisurfs
(Weather Guru)
Thu Jul 14 2005 12:20 AM
Re: Model mania

My question about Joe Bastardi would be this: Does he really believe, deep in his heart, in what he is forecasting? You know peoples lives are at stake here and to be honest I will never make a decision based on what some renegade weatherman has to say...I dont care how many degrees he has. As far as I'm concerned ,and Im saying this knowing that I am a total layman , his forecasts are a joke to me. I can't believe as many people defend him as they do. I ,for the life of me, don't see what is so wrong with following what the NHC says. You want to bring up Charley? I'll tell you cone of error...it's there for a reason. EVERYONE down there should have been prepared. As has been said about a million times, a hurricane is not a thin line or a point. Can anyone here tell me they don't think the NHC is trying to serve the people out there by giving the best, most accurate forecast that they can? don't you think they know the responsibility they have? i don't think joe bastardi realizes the one he has.... or is this some kind of competition to see whos right? I will say this ,i have alot of confidence in the NHC's forecasts and I have the most respect for the meteorologists who post on this site but I have neither for Joe Bastardi. Oh, and i hope hes lurking

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center