ralphfl
(Weather Master)
Thu Jul 14 2005 12:56 PM
Re: Steve Gregory's Wunderground blog

Can't wait to see scott's forcast and others now that ukmet has shifted back down south with the other models.

I am in NOWAY a expert but for 30 years i have been here in Florida and wached these storms and since the internet have tracked them.

Now sure they can go wacky ways and this may still but when you got the experts saying 1 thing then all of a sudden the ukmet (which stinks) takes it over cuba a few guys jump on it becase if they are right they get to say see i beat the NHC.

This is there buisness and others's hobby and after the last 2 years i am sorry to say a few people only post when they can predict doom and Gloom.And there are many who have no clue and get upset.

Heck when dennis was coming over 30 people i know left Sarasota because just by word of mouth they were scared of it coming here.

In fact last year when charlie was already going to Char county somone on this type board posted he see's something in the vapor and its going to Jog up the coast and rake our area.Well they ran to Arcadia EVEN though it was heading right for Punta Gorda.In fact the people were all screaming on these boards Tampa and Sarasota watch out this just may go right up the coast YET NHC had it going where it went by that time.

Anyway they went to Arcadia and were killed by the Hurricne there.

The guys who posted had to answer to nobody and thats why i get a little bitter as it chases people away and sometimes right into the path of a storm.

Its all about fame and glory for the guys make there predictions on these boards as its boring to say the NHC looks right on target so they always find something different from what the nhc says and last year made fun of them alot when they were wrong.

Yet when they are wrong they just say hey im not the expert.

So Scott now what today? are we waiting to see or what? ukmet has moved south.

And BTW its only 1 or 2 people but they can make the difference in someone to panic.

This storm in the end is wait and see what happends next.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center