jlauderdal
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Jul 14 2005 06:19 PM
Re: First Cat 5 of Season?

Quote:

i think Emily will become a Cat 4 or even the First Cat 5 of the Season. Also i would recommend checking out jason's weather blog on WJHG.com ( jason's web blog ) seems there is a weather doppler war here in Panama City Market now...

Also here's my favorite new hurricane site for this season
NASA 2005 Hurricanes
have been reading that there may have been an umanned flight into Dennis while in carribean and there could be one very soon with emily. Most NASA and NOAA flights will be out of Juan Santa Maria Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica until July 23rd, which now may be extended until Aug 1st, due too Atlantic early season systems. They project is going to be about pacific storms , but atlantic has picked up sooner than expected and may send some research over. There is a picture of the ER-2 down there on the web site that made a recent hrd flight and are schedule now for our friend Emily. Also the umanned flight information can be found HERE .

***Also the G-IV is in St. Crois, USVI , for Emily now****

that blog is great. he backs up the landfall issue with fact and as far as the other stuff goes he is stating his opinion and we can only assume he is correct. nice work jason mixing it up and taking no prisoners.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center