CaneTrackerInSoFl
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Jul 15 2005 06:41 AM
Re: Emily Now a CAT 4

Quote:

Quote:

Man oh man, nothing ceases at amaze me at this point. I mean the rapid strengthening that Dennis and now Emily have undergone is just something to watch. Let's hope Emily stays south, but I am beginning to get the feeling that Emily might make a US landfall......Texas really needs to watch and I don't think Louisiana is out of the woods yet either.

I'm with you. I don't feel comfortable with this one until she's made landfall. Or as some of the models are indicating...lost her spin.

Okay, Recon has departed the storm and next Vortex is due at 12Z or 8AM EDT. Unless the NOAA plane is tasked with fixes while the USAFR isn't flying.
NOAA planes pulled double duty with Dennis. They could do it again with Emily.

Aren't the recon flights dropping drop sondes in the area to help determine the future environment?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center