CDMOrlando
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Jul 16 2005 02:34 PM
Re: Emily Gets Stronger

Quote:

Had a question for Clark but it got caught in the last thread. My computer doesnt seem to want to copy and pase this morning, so I'm hoping Clark takes a look at it over there.

Thanks.

I copy your questions to the new thread.....

Hey Clark--

Given that Emily has ramped up considerably and may intensify a bit more, is there any way that she might steer on a slightly more northerly heading. Nothing significant, just perhaps a subtle change from ~285 to perhaps, say, ~290 or 295. Isn't it possible for very strong storms to eat into ridges a bit? Just was thinking perhaps she might miss the Yucatan that way, and perhaps spin down a bit in the Gulf of Mexico. As it looks now, the Yucatan Peninsula is going to take some serious heat from this thing.

Thanks. Appreciative of your insight, as always.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center