nowhammies
(Verified CFHC User)
Sat Jul 16 2005 07:20 PM
Re: notice eye

Quote:

Can you not tell by the lack of posts? since no big doom and gloom for the US its a non event to some.

Sounds to me as if you have quite an issue with the people that post here. Please remember - we are all REAL human beings with feelings. I for one do not appreciate the fact that my concern for others ends when a storm leaves the borders of FL. I live in Central FL and went through the storms and recovery last year. This makes me a bit gun-shy and a bit more concerned as I see, or hear, possibilities that storms may affect me. IN NO WAY does that make storms that do not appear to affect me a non-issue. I have friends that like all around the GOM basin, including contacts from other organizations that live in other countries. I am very concerned aboput them as well. My prayers are as much with them as they are for my own town when we appear to be in the cross hairs.

True many of us do not post as much when a storm turns elsewhere, but that has much more to do with the fear for our own safety subsiding and allowing us the ability to watch and learn from those who are much more knowledgeable about these storms then we are.

I realize that this comment would be better directed to PM but since you are unregistered I could not do that.

Thanks again to everyone here (and that would be just about all of you) who know more about these incredible storms than I do. You willingness to provide information to me ad everyone else has helped me develop a true healthy respect for these storms.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center